Saturday, May 7, 2011

It starts!

Yup, I've started my clear liquid pre-surgery diet today.   So far so good! Of course it's only 7:30 in the morning but hey, I'm keeping it positive.  I've discovered my most favorite de-caff tea.  It's Tazo's Calm tea.
 It's super yummy and de-caff! yay!  I've also got with me a can of chicken broth, a couple of sugar free   jell-os, and an Isopure.  So here's hoping my husband doesn't kill me by the end of the day.  He says I get grumpy when I'm hungry.  I'm sure I don't know what he's talking about. >.>
 At work last week it was cute.  One of my co-workers asked to see my little book from Kaiser that has suggested meals for each week after surgery.  He says he's going to follow along and lose weight too.  I'm kinda laughing my @ss off, cause I really doubt he can eat that little, but he seems to think if I can (with a band) and another co-worker can (with the HGC diet) he should be able to with no surgery and no hormones.  Either way, I totally appreciate the support (even if I'm not sure how he found out what my surgery was.. tell one person around here and they all know). 
After reading Red's blog with her future NSV's, I've discover a future non scale ..loss?  My rainbow socks I'm knitting.  They're almost knee length and have lots of increases to account for my fat calves.  I'm about 1/3 of the way through the 2nd sock, and at the rate I go, by the time I'm done, they won't fit :(                                                                                       
Only 3 work days (including today) left until I'm off for surgery.  Getting kinda scary.  goal for today: another post with measurements and photos. Oh yeah, this shy girl is putting it all out there!  be gentle!
<3 Sam

3 comments:

  1. Samanatha, how exciting that you're getting so close to the big day! I'm 6 months away from it (just started the 6 month wait my insurance requires) so I'm really crossing fingers for you that everything goes super well. I'll keep checking in!! Please send me your email address (this goes for your readers too) to heymelissawolf@gmail.com so I can add you to my "invitation only" blog (I need online privacy at the moment) -- I really could use the exchange of support and encouragement right now. I'm keeping this all to myself out of necessity but I feel very isolated. Anyway, good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! You are almost there! Don't worry about the socks, you can wear them as leg warmers instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you! I see from your ticker, you are now just over a day away! You won't regret it for a second. You may get frustrated at times, but even then you will admit that you wouldn't change it! My husband also says I'm grumpy when hungry, where do they get this stuff??? ;)

    ReplyDelete