Friday, July 29, 2011

Uncharted Territory

Kitchen: The Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Samantha. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new cabinets, to seek out new recipes and new flavors, to boldly go where no woman has gone before.


Yeah. New house = new house payments.  That means Hubby and I really really need to be good at eating at home. Also bonus, it's easy to eat the right things (as long as guacamole isn't involved) when I'm at home.  


So I'm trying this: http://thescramble.com/default.aspx


Basically for $30 (or $15 like paid through livingsocial) you get a 6 months subscription of  daily dinner recipes (with nutrition info listed) AND a weekly shopping list (OMG LIFE SAVER!).  Each recipe is supposed to be able to be made in 30 min or less.  You're able to trade out recipes if there's something icky (or in my case a band meanie).  I figured for $15 it was worth a try.  Hubby's biggest problem with eating at home is we tend to just repeat the same 4-5 things over and over again, so this could be huge!


I'll keep you posted on how this works!




<3,
Sam


P.S.  while looking for awesome pictures to go with this blog I totally found my next knitting project!!

6 comments:

  1. That sounds interesting! Can't wait to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the recipes! I love to cook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool ! Definitely keep us updated on this. It's not that I have the same 4-5 dinners. It's that I only know how to make the same 4-5 meals :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! We really like E-mealz https://e-mealz.com/
    They also tell you how much $$ the groceries will cost. And they are $15 every 3 months. I love the grocery shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I can relate! I maybe can make 10-15 things but those are the only recipes I know by heart. lol Sounds like I might need to get in on this recipe thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the potholders (Is that what they are?). Bonus geek points cos I knew what the symbol was before I read the post! If only we had replicators so we didn't have to actually prepare meals.

    Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

    ReplyDelete