Thursday, July 28, 2011

Not the best week

THIS has been my downfall this week.


Yeah, so far this week I've gained back most of what I lost last week.  Oops.  Not the end of the world, I know.  But it's damn frustrating.  And it's all on me. I've been eating like crap, and less active.  I haven't been doing my stairs (partially due to my slip soreness this week) ..  I'm full of excuses as usual.

But.. This is okay.  This is not an excuse to pig out the rest of the week (this is my last grande no whip caramel mocha, I swear).  This is not an excuse to say "I'll skip the stairs today, and just start next week".   This IS time to look back and say "yeah, I wasn't great, but I did skip the donuts they brought in yesterday". This IS the time to go home and find my gym bag and put it in my car and go! (damn moving, giving me another easy out for not exercising). 

This surgery IS my reason to keep myself from falling back into old patterns. I DON"T want to fail.  I DON'T want to be 6 months down the road and sitting in the exact same place as I am now.  and I know what I need to do in order to achieve my goals.  Now it's just a matter of DOING it.  

I think I need NIKE to sponsor me! 

<3
Sam

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit I don't take the stairs at work. *sigh*
    I don't know why I don't. Never felt that was a health issue. I should start though.

    Good luck getting back to the gym :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always order a grande skinny no whip caramel mocha. Lots less calories if you get it skinny AND no whip. :)

    Oh, and we all slip sometimes, don't beat yourself up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my Mom was 71, she had both knees replaced. Her ortho surgeon told her - the worst thing any one can do is take the stairs. Find another way to exercise. You only have so many 'stairs' in your life. And, that guac looks killer ... give me crackers and ... well, anything ... and you'll get me (well, the old me) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First the guacamole looks sooo good! Dang you for torturing me! :) Second, you can do it. You had a not so good week, so now you can get back on track and have a good one!

    ReplyDelete