Sunday, September 18, 2011

Heavy

Also, I've been watching Heavy on netflix.  I think I'm taking the wrong things away from this show.  Don't get me wrong, I like it.  It's moving. But my main thoughts are a) That's not fair, I want someone to pay for a personal trainer for me!  and b) Not fair, they weigh about what I weigh now, and are getting their belly fat/flap removed.   (and also "hey, she's going in for surgery with make-up on! that's a no-no")

Half of me watches this show and thinks "if they can do it, I can do it" and the other half of me refers back to my previous "not fair" statements.  I know life isn't fair.  I know there's a lot of stuff I can do myself without a trainer.  But I also know that'd help so much.  Someone to help keep me accountable every week.  Help me switch up (or even start) a routine.  It's frustrating.  I need to win the lotto.

<3
Sam

4 comments:

  1. This is why i don't watch biggest looser. Have someone else cook for you, be able to devote 24 hours a day to working out ... yes, I would love it. Folks who loose 8-28 lbs in a week are not good examples (imho) for those of us who are struggling to loose 1-3 lbs a week... too unrealistic for me and I don't think it's fair ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's really not fair, but I'm glad they are able to help those people out! It's pretty unrealistic so I hope people don't get the wrong idea from shows like that. I've never watched it, but I need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen this particular show, but I totally understand the feeling of frustration. I think that shows like the BL are good for helping people to realise there is help out there, but also sets up unrealistic expectations for people. It is not NORMAL to lose 15 pounds in one week! When the contestants get disappointed with a 3 pound loss, I usually yell at the TV, that is a GOOD loss in the real world!

    ReplyDelete